Low Carb / Keto Gluten Free Rolls 6 net Carbs for Buns 3 for Rolls
Updated: Sep 25, 2019
I think the thing that I have missed most by going on a low carb diet is bread , oh and pop corn , but defiantly bread. This is the only recipe I have found that really acts and taste and has the texture of bread , wheat bread but bread none the less. Note all ingreadents are available from Amazon
Low Carb Buns and Rolls
· 1¼ cups almond flour
· 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
· 1 tbsp baking powder
· 2 tsp kosher salt
· 2 tsp cider vinegar
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 cup boiling water
· 3 egg whites
· 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar ,olive oil and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
3. Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet( make larger rolls if making hamburger buns ).
4. Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
5. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.
6. If you want to top with sesame seeds or poppy seeds brush with an egg wash then sprinkle with seeds of your choice before baking
7. Ingredients , Almond flour and Psyllium husk can be obtained on Amazon
To make buns just adjust the dough amount to a larger size
It was so nice to have a Hamburger again after 3 years
Nutrition Facts " For Rolls " Servings 8.0 Amount Per Serving calories 150 % Daily Value * Total Fat 12 g 19 % Saturated Fat 1 g 5 % Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 211 mg 9 % Potassium 55 mg 2 % Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2 % Dietary Fiber 4 g 16 % Sugars 1 g Protein 5 g 11 % Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 107 % Iron 7 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Nutrition Facts " For Buns " Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 299 % Daily Value * Total Fat 24 g 37 % Saturated Fat 2 g 11 % Monounsaturated Fat 5 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 423 mg 18 % Potassium 111 mg 3 % Total Carbohydrate 14 g 5 % Dietary Fiber 8 g 33 % Sugars 1 g Protein 11 g 22 % Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 214 % Iron 14 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.