• tmacon1963

Low Carb / Keto Chicken alla Fiorentina. 9 net Carbs

Updated: May 30

Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs and Spinach

with Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes in a White Wine and Cream Sauce


Once again we are using boneless skin on chicken thighs in this recipe so that the fat to protein ratio is higher , Eating too much protein is counter productive to a keto diet and should not exceed 3 to 6 ounces per meal . Having said that this is a simple dish to reproduce and the flavor is fantastic ! A real Tuscan treat .

Removing the bone makes eating with a knife and fork very easy and much less messy





Low Carb Chicken Florentine


Ingredients:


4 Chicken Thighs skin on ,de boned

2 Tablespoons light olive oil

4 Ounces small mushrooms, sliced

1 Cup heavy cream

2 Tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes

½ Cup chicken broth or stock

¼ Cup dry white wine

2 or 3 cloves of garlic minced

2 Teaspoon Italian seasoning

½ Cup parmesan cheese

8 Ounces baby spinach, rough chopped.

Nutmeg

Lemon juice

A pinch of Cayenne pepper


Basic Brine recipe

1/4 cup, of Kosher Salt dissolved per quart of water. you may add herbs if you want of your choice , like Thyme , rosemary , bay leaf or a mixture like herbs de province or garlic powder or whatever flavor profile you may want .


Pre prep: brining chicken (optional but recommended)


Place chicken Thighs in a container or a zip lock bag, pour brine over chicken to cover and put in a safe area in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.

For really crispy skin remove chicken from brine and place on a sheet pan skin side up in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours uncovered. Otherwise blot chicken dry with paper towels.


Preparation:


Pre heat oven to 500 degrees


Place chicken thighs skin side down on a lined baking pan, sprinkle with Italian herbs salt and pepper. Note (if you brined the chicken go easy on the salt) roll the thighs up and pin with a tooth pick set aside.


In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side. Place onto baking sheet skin side up and lightly salt and pepper.

Place into oven for 15 to 20 minutes depending on ovens cooking speed and the size of the thighs.


In the meantime prepare the sauce



In the same pan add the garlic and sauté for one minute making sure not to let it burn.

Add in remaining Italian seasoning at this time as well.

Add wine and reduce till almost gone.

Add Mushrooms and sprinkle with a little salt, sauté till brown and tender. (Add more oil if necessary)

Remove Mushrooms and set aside

Add chicken stock, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and reduce.

Grate in just a pinch of nutmeg.

Once the cream has cooked down to form a light sauce, add back mushrooms and add in spinach and sun dried tomatoes, stir till spinach is wilted. If sauce needs thinning out add water. Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper as necessary.

Add in some lemon juice, to accentuate the flavors

Place the cooked chicken into the sauce and spoon the sauce over the chicken.

Sprinkle a dash of Cayenne pepper overall and serve


Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 566 % Daily Value * Total Fat 45 g 69 % Saturated Fat 20 g 102 % Monounsaturated Fat 17 g Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g Trans Fat 1 g Cholesterol 167 mg 56 % Sodium 204 mg 9 % Potassium 350 mg 10 % Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4 % Dietary Fiber 3 g 14 % Sugars 3 g Protein 31 g 62 % Vitamin A 57 % Vitamin C 17 % Calcium 13 % Iron 18 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.


92 views

Don't Miss Out