top of page
  • tmacon1963

Low Carb / keto Chicken Piallard. 2 total Carbs.

Updated: Sep 23, 2019

With White Wine , Lemon and Caper Sauce

In this recipe , skin on chicken thighs are de-boned and pounded flat , Pan roasted for very crispy skin and served with or without sauce for a delicious entrée for any occasion !

Low Carb Chicken Piallard


4 – Skin on chicken thighs

1- Tbsp. of Herbs de Province

2 – Tbsp. of clarified butter, Ghee, light olive oil

Cooking spray

Salt and Pepper

Lemon zest or Parmesan cheese for garnish ( optional )

For the White wine sauce with Lemon and Capers

· 1-Tbs lemon juice

· 1/2cup dry white wine

· 1/2 cup chicken stock

· 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed

· 1- Shallot minced

· 2- cloves of garlic minced

· 3- tablespoons unsalted butter

· 1/3 cup parsley, fresh, chopped

Basic Brine recipe 1/4 cup, of Kosher Salt dissolved per quart of water. you may add herbs if you want of your choice , like Thyme , rosemary , bay leaf or a mixture like herbs de province or garlic powder or whatever flavor profile you may want .


Pre prep (optional but recommended)

Place chicken Thighs in a container or a zip lock bag, pour brine over chicken to cover and put in a safe area in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.

For really crispy skin remove chicken from brine and place on a sheet pan skin side up in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours uncovered. Otherwise blot chicken dry with paper towels.

Pre heat oven to 500 degrees .

Remove the thigh bone from each of the chicken thighs by carefully taking the bone and scraping the flesh from the bone and removing the sinew as well. You can have your butcher do this but with a little practice and patience you will get proficient at this. Note save the bones and freeze them for making stock.

Remove excess skin flap found on most precut thighs and also save with bones for stock.

Spray a sheet of cling wrap with cooking oil and place chicken skin side down on the oiled wrap, spray the flesh side of the chicken with cooking oil and cover with another sheet of cling wrap and with a meat mallet pound flat to a uniform thickness about 3/8 of an inch salt and pepper both sides remove and set aside.

In an oven proof sauté pan over medium high heat oil till it shimmers, add in chicken thighs flesh side first and sauté for one minute then turn and place skin side down. Reduce heat to medium and sauté till the skin begins to crisp up and turn a golden brown. Add any herbs you may want to the flesh side of the chicken at this point and spray herds with cooking spray to prevent burning .

Place pan with chicken into the oven and set timer for 6 minutes

In the meantime assemble the ingredients for the sauce.

After 6 minutes remove chicken from oven and return to stove top “Be careful of the hot handle “

Turn chicken in pan skin side up and check the skin, it should be crispy and a deep brown. pepper the skin side and return to oven for 4 minutes more or 2 minutes additional for small thighs . It is all right if the internal temp reaches 200 degrees or so.

Once cooked remove chicken to a warm serving dish and set aside till sauce is made.

Pour our most of the fat from the pan add the shallots and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, chicken stock and lemon juice, increase the heat to -high and boil until reduced by half , 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, capers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and stir in butter till completely incorporated.

Pour any accumulated juices into sauce and spoon sauce over and around chicken, garnish with some lemon zest if you want or some finely grated parmesan cheese. Then serve

Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 328 % Daily Value * Total Fat 23 g 35 % Saturated Fat 9 g 47 % Monounsaturated Fat 3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 103 mg 34 % Sodium 193 mg 8 % Potassium 46 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1 % Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 % Sugars 1 g Protein 24 g 48 % Vitamin A 41 % Vitamin C 14 % Calcium 2 % Iron 9 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been

101 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page