• tmacon1963

Low Carb / Keto Roasted Garlic Basil Dressing, 3 net grams of carbs

Updated: Sep 7, 2019

Its important to include salad and leafy greens into your diet if you are doing low card or keto . But commercial dressing use the cheapest oil available and or add sugars to their recipes . So I see the need to include a variety of dressings here that you can make yourself and insure you are using the best ingredients .







Low Carb – Keto , Roasted Garlic Basil Dressing


INGREDIENTS


1- large head of Garlic

1-Cup tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

5 - tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar Sodium Free Sugar Free or White Wine Vinegar.

10 leaves Basil

1 ounce Parmesan Cheese (Grated)

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Black Pepper

2 tablespoons Xylitol


DIRECTIONS


Roasted garlic emulsifies this creamy dressing, keeping it from separating into oil and vinegar. Roasting tames the garlic's pungency resulting in a paste that's actually sweet. If you have a ceramic garlic roaster, use it instead of aluminum foil. Each serving is 2 tablespoons.



Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the top 1/4 inch off the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Place on a large square of aluminum foil, drizzle the top with one tablespoon of the olive oil and close tightly to form a packet. Bake until garlic is very soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for about 25 minutes.



Place vinegar, basil and grated Parmesan in food processor and pulse until very finely ground.

Separate garlic into cloves. Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins into food processor and add 1 cup of olive oil, xylitol, salt and pepper. Process until smooth, 2 or 3 minutes. Refrigerate in a squeeze bottle or closed container for up to a week.

Nutrition Facts ( without avocado) Servings 5.0 Amount Per Serving calories 438 % Daily Value * Total Fat 46 g 71 % Saturated Fat 7 g 37 % Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 4 mg 1 % Sodium 325 mg 14 % Potassium 47 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1 % Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 % Sugars 0 g Protein 3 g 5 % Vitamin A 10 % Vitamin C 4 % Calcium 11 % Iron 2 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.



Want to take it up a notch and make a thicker Dressing , Puree in a half of a ripe Avocado !

4 net grams carbs

Nutrition Facts ( with avocado ) Servings 5.0 Amount Per Serving calories 462 % Daily Value * Total Fat 48 g 75 % Saturated Fat 8 g 38 % Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 4 mg 1 % Sodium 326 mg 14 % Potassium 120 mg 3 % Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 % Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 % Sugars 0 g Protein 3 g 6 % Vitamin A 11 % Vitamin C 6 % Calcium 13 % Iron 3 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

44 views

Don't Miss Out