top of page
  • tmacon1963

Low Carb / Keto Lemon Curd

Updated: Sep 3, 2019

This is an easy recipe for the low carb life style as a garnish for a low car cheese cake or with berries , unctuous and velvety this Lemon curd is off the chain good and will last for a good long time in the fridge . So much better than any store bought rendition , do yourself a favor and try this out .

Low Carb / Keto Lemon Curd


5 egg yolks

1 cup xylitol

4 lemons, zested and juiced

1 stick butter, cut into pats and chilled

Directions :

Add enough water to a medium saucepan to come about 1-inch up the side. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and Xylitol in a medium size metal bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.

Measure citrus juice and if needed, add enough cold water to reach 1/3 cup. Add juice and zest to egg mixture and whisk smooth.

Once water reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and place bowl on top of saucepan. (Bowl should be large enough to fit on top of saucepan without touching the water.) Whisk until thickened, approximately 8 minutes, or until mixture is light yellow and coats the back of a spoon. Remove promptly from heat and stir in butter a piece at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next.

Remove to a clean container and cover by laying a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd. Refrigerate for up to two weeks .

Nutrition Facts Servings 8.0 Amount Per Serving calories 141 % Daily Value * Total Fat 14 g 22 % Saturated Fat 8 g 41 % Monounsaturated Fat 5 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 162 mg 54 % Sodium 7 mg 0 % Potassium 38 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1 % Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 % Sugars 0 g Protein 2 g 4 % Vitamin A 100 % Vitamin C 13 % Calcium 6 % Iron 2 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

49 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page