• tmacon1963

low carb / keto Asparagus Salad with Champagne Saffron Vinaigrette .4 net Carbs.

Updated: Sep 14, 2019

This is truly an impressive salad for a starter or as a side . Using the classic method of blanching and quenching the Asparagus , and the beautiful color of the diced peppers against the bright green of the asparagus , this dish delights the senses as well as the palette.



Low Carb / Keto, Asparagus Salad with Champagne Saffron Vinaigrette.


1 ½ Lbs. Asparagus

¼ Tsp Saffron threads

1 ½ Tbsp. Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar

1 Tsp Dijon mustard

1 drop stevia

4 Tbsp. good olive oil

Salt and fresh cracked pepper

½ Sweet red or yellow pepper or combination finely diced

Parmesan cheese to garnish

Fleur de Sel to garnish

Romaine lettuce rough chopped or shredded.


Preparation.


See video on how to blanch Asparagus in the classic French method .https://www.cheftylermacon.com/all-recipes/asparagus-in-the-french-style


As for the dressing. In a large mixing bowl stir saffron threads with 1 Tbsp. of boiling water and let steep for 2 minutes till saffron releases its flavor and color.


Add mustard, stevia and vinegar then stir to incorporate.


While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil forming an emulsion with the liquid.


Add salt and pepper to taste.


Alternately , You can add an egg yoke with the mustard , stevia , and vinegar and proceed with whisking in the oil slowly to form a thin mayonnaise .



Add cooked asparagus and diced peppers and gently turn to coat.

Place asparagus over a bed of lettuce and pour over remaining dressing.

Garnish with some shredded parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Fleur de Sel and serve.\


Nutrition Facts Servings 8.0 Amount Per Serving calories 107 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8 g 12 % Saturated Fat 1 g 7 % Monounsaturated Fat 5 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 2 mg 1 % Sodium 48 mg 2 % Potassium 492 mg 14 % Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3 % Dietary Fiber 4 g 17 % Sugars 3 g Protein 3 g 7 % Vitamin A 700 % Vitamin C 32 % Calcium 69 % Iron 7 % * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

59 views

Don't Miss Out